I’m really excited to announce the release of iMessage support for our iOS App. We’ve been wanting to build for a long time and are really excited to see this new feature out.
Texting and Calendaring – finally a match
In today’s world, we increasingly coordinate over text messaging. Woven’s new iMessage support allows you to quickly offer times to others without ever leaving your text thread.
Here’s how it works:
- The latest version of Woven automatically installs the iMessage app.
- While in any text thread, simply click on the woven icon in iMessage. If you don’t see it, scroll the list of applications to the left.
- You will be asked to “Choose a Template” – the template defines the available times for this event to be scheduled. For instance, a Lunch template will make lunch times available, while a dinner template will make evening times. (Note: Go here to learn more about Woven Smart Templates.)
- Next, you will be prompted to decide whether you want to suggest specific times, or offer all available times within the availability window you’ve associated with that template.
- Lastly, tap to insert the link into the text stream.
When your text recipient receives the link, they tap, select a time and hit schedule. It’s as easy as that, regardless of whether the other party is a Woven user or not.
Watch the video below to see how Woven for iMessage works for both the person sending, and the person receiving the text with Scheduling Link.
We will be adding more features to our iMessage integration over the coming weeks. Check it out and as always, let us know what you think! A lot of our roadmap is defined based on user feedback. We look forward to hearing from you at email@example.com.